As I watched this episode, I was reminded of the importance of our perspective. I’m pretty sure everyone around Max would say that Asperger’s is a severe disability for him. It keeps him from being “normal”, accepted, and understood. Hearing Max state that he believed that his perceived weakness was his greatest strength is such an inspiration and today’s Wednesday encouragement!
Always the hardest to shop for, I had to call in back up for this post (thanks, Gray!). I’ve rounded up a few things that the guys in your life – friend, dad, brother, boyfriend, etc. – would be excited to receive!
1) BRACKISH BOWTIES: This local Charleston brand handcrafts bowties from turkey feathers, quail feathers, peacock feathers, snakeskin and more. Each is unique and truly a work of art! This is perfect for the hunters/Southern gentlemen in your life.
3) THE DANGEROUS BOOK FOR BOYS: A bookshelf necessity for all guys.
4) J.CREW GRIZZLY FLEECE PULLOVER: A tailored and comfortable go-to fleece for the guys who need an update from their high school North Face
5) FROM THE DESK OF NOTECARDS: Masculine stationery can be hard to come by. I love the neutral, cool tones and sharp lines of this noteset.
6) COLLAPSIBLE DOG BOWL: Any dog owners? I think this is the perfect gift for them! Great concept – a bowl that can easily be kept in the middle console of your car. You never know when you’ll need it!
7) J.STARK MONROE KEY FOB: Another awesome Charleston brand, J.Stark makes gorgeous leather goods (I want a lot of them for myself!!). I think a keychain, especially crafted out of nice leather like this, is a useful and unexpected gift for a guy.
A few other items I love:
Since I’m a strong advocate of coffee these days (my college friends are confused), I’m reaaaaally enjoying hot coffee on cold mornings – I’ve been missing out all these years! I don’t like sweet things in the morning, but I still want to enjoy the holiday-themed drinks. For now, I like a simple black coffee with one pump of peppermint (if I’m at Starbucks). Of course, a mid-afternoon Brown Sugar Latte from Black Tap is where it’s at. What’s your holiday go-to?!
Happy Monday! This week will be a week of GUIDES so you can finish up the holiday shopping early!! First up – all of the JEWELS.
1) TARGET crystal necklace: I have this one and I love it. For $13, you really can’t pass it up. I wear it all the time, and everyone’s always shocked when I tell them it’s from Target!
3) KATE SPADE vegas jewels bracelet: Can you tell I like gold + sparkles?
4) CANDY SHOP VINTAGE charleston rice beads: Seriously the best necklace ever. I prefer the longest length that can be doubled, tripled, worn long, or wrapped as bracelets. So many options! I think they are an especially great gift to/from someone in Charleston!
5) GORJANA crescent studs: Simple enough for everyday wear.
6) CHRISTINA JERVEY neck cuff: Julia wore something similar on Parenthood for a few episodes straight, and I set out to find one. Luckily, Christina’s site was the first that I visited. I also really, really love her rings. Beautiful jewelry!
7) ROCKSBOX subscription: So, I’m pretty obsessed with this service. Sign up, describe your jewelry style, and receive a box in the mail with three pieces in it. Wear them as long as you want, send it back, get a new box. They have awesome designers like Gorjana, Kendra Scott, Loren Hope, and more! Awesome gift if you’re a little hesitant to pick the actual jewels.
Also, let’s have a quick sidenote and discuss how I cried when Taylor Swift received the first ever Dick Clark Award for Excellence last night. She is so inspiring and talented and amazing – regardless of your taste in music, you have to admit her success is inspiring!!
Wednesday night dinner with Emily <3 <3
Happy Friday!! How was everyone’s week?! COLD, right?! I’m loving it. Every year I forget how much I LOVE cold weather until it gets here. Yesterday I chopped my hair off sooooo that was pretty exciting. I grew it almost as long as it has ever been but got so tired of the flatness. Anyway, this weekend includes lots of fun events + chilling + sleeping + eating – the usual. Follow along on Instagram for brunch pics and weekend scenes. xoxo
4) SOOO I had an article published this week!!! It was an incredibly exciting moment. As of now, Charleston InsideOut available around Charleston in various stores (distribution starts today!), but a website will be up December 1st, so hang tight
6) Lots of events happening this weekend:! TONIGHT: Leland Gal Shop at Novel. showroom (1630 Meeting Street). I had the pleasure of meeting Maggie at Alt Summit this summer, and I’m so excited to have her in Charleston! TOMORROW: Buy Local Block Party at 1630 Meeting Street. Come eat and drink and browse all the fun local vendors – Candy Shop Vintage, Produce and Rewined Candles, Open Door Shop, Flowershop Charleston, plus sooooo many more! It’s going to be FUN!