Happy Friday! Ah, it feels so good to be writing again. There are so many great things I’ve come across over the last few weeks that this could be a lengthy Weekend Browsing post. Lots of my favorite finds, though, I’ve shared over on Glitter Guide in my 5 Things post each Friday.
This weekend, my friend (and best friend’s sister!) is visiting Nashville, so we’ll be out and about all weekend. I’m taking my big girl camera with me and hope to capture some fun scenes. On the agenda: Little Octopus dinner, a jaunt to Franklin, and 5th and Taylor for brunch. I’m so excited for a chill weekend of exploring. I’m also hoping to fit in a long run on Sunday, but I really haven’t been feeling great so I’m playing that by ear. Oh, and the Oscars are on Sunday which is one of my faaaavorite days of the year. I’ll be tweeting during the show – both from @annie_reeves and @glitterguide!
links & news:
- I really love this J.Crew hacks video. They are fairly simple tips, but the video itself is so fun. Side note: I’m very pro white jeans in fall and winter. So chic.
- Oh my goodness you have to read this article about chocolate chip cookies and how every single ingredient affects the final product. I totally nerded out over it and cannot wait to make chocolate chip cookies very soon.
- Are you watching Big Little Lies?! AH, I am so obsessed already and cannot wait for episode two on Sunday. It was one of my favorite books of that genre, and I think the casting is so great. Reese Witherspoon’s character is absurd but so good.
- I feel like I need to share that Amy’s No-Chicken Noodle Soup is so good. Even if you’re not a vegetarian, the chicken in canned soup has always really grossed me out, and in this you don’t even notice the difference. On two separate occasions, I have gotten the can out of the trash to make sure that it’s meat-free. It’s perfect when you feel like you might be coming down with a cold (ugh, me right now).
- ManRepeller is one of my very favorite sites. I love their honest, conversational voice, and I enjoy their unique approach to covering fashion and pop culture. Most recently, I enjoyed the article “I’m a Millennial and I Live By the Word of God.” While I did relate to many points made in the piece, what really struck me (and stuck with me) was 1) the audacity of Man Repeller to publish an article like this (one that might be seem controversial) and 2) the comment section. In the currently divided social media world, it was incredibly encouraging to read comments from believers and non-believers alike engaging in positive conversation instead of attacking Man Repeller or the author herself.
shopping & sales:
- Caroline and I went to Nordstrom on Wednesday night to find a few things for upcoming events. The lady who was helping us handed Caroline this Milly top to try, and I’m not joking it’s the best off-the-shoulder top ever. It is pricey, but I’m seriously considering purchasing it for myself.
- I shared this on GG last week, but the Everlane Wide-Leg Crop is calling my name. I love love love both of these trends, but I’m interested to see how they would look together on me. They’re only $68 though which is a very fair price!
- I have to say, I haven’t been into J.Crew much in the past few months. However, their most recent new arrivals have me quiiiite excited. Specifically, a pink tulle skirt for which I have no reason, cool-girl distressed denim, a white tee I will live in,
- This entire page on Shopbop pretty much sums up the spring vibes I’ve been feeling – pink is a neutral, yes? I really, really love these shoes.