My most frequently emailed questions are about where to eat in Charleston. I have a drafted email saved (working on getting some of this up on the blog, but I just need to go eat everywhere and get some great photos – sounds terrible, right??) that I send out, or you can find a weekend of favorites right here.
A more specific yet frequently asked question – where can I get some avocado toast in Charleston? You’re speaking my language, people. Speaking my language. Here are my favorite spots:
- The Park Cafe: my OG favorite with good reason. Deliciously soft bread, tons of avocado, acidity of lemon, and kick of cayenne/crushed red pepper. I love the vibe of this little neighborhood cafe – it’s great for coffee meetings or taking family for brunch when they’re in town!
- The Daily: my favorite as of late. They top their toast with za’atar, a Turkish seasoning mixture, and delicious tomatoes when they’re in season. The real selling point, though, is this amazing, buttery, homemade sourdough bread. To die for. This is my go-to when I’m headed into work and need coffee + breakfast.
- Caviar & Bananas: Their avocado toast is only available on the weekends during their brunch. It’s a Mexican-style toast with lime juice, pickled onions, and cotija cheese. (If you’re there, you have to get some kale salad, too. One of my favorite healthy foods in town!)
- Leon’s Oyster Shop: When topped with their Red Clay Hot Sauce, this one is another winner. I love splitting it with a friend and ordering a Siam Salad to go along with it.
- Vintage Coffee Café: This one has simple sliced avocado rather than the usual smashed and comes spread with an onion-tomato marmalade that really sets it apart!
If you’re not in Charleston / have no plans to visit, you can find my avocado toast recipe right here!