A few weeks ago, Deirdre and I bought lottery tickets after the guy on the local morning news said, “if you’ve never bought a lottery ticket before, now is the time!” – the jackpot was in the 300 millions. I was so convinced I was going to win that I made a list on my phone of what I would do after we spent (just a little) of our time at work discussing the options. Here’s what I’ve got…
- Take my family on a safari in Africa.
- Buy a house in Charleston and completely renovate and decorate it to the nines 🙂
- Start a foundation – of which I don’t know the cause just yet (though I have some ideas!)
- Monetarily help & thank a list of people who have made some sort of impact on my life – from teachers to mentors to the homeless man I wave at on the corner of King and Romney everyday.
- Hire a personal trainer + invest in something like Blue Apron for meal planning/prep
- Give, give, give, give. Invest, invest, invest, invest (with major help of a financial planner)
- Open a business in Charleston – again, not so sure what this would look like, but I’m a big fan of a beautiful restaurant or a quaint coffee shop 🙂